Dress to Impress

Hey there! So you’ve been using Dress to Impress? What sort of brilliant ideas have you had lately? :)

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Outfits

I think you should make it to where you can directly link to all of your outfits and other people can just click on the link to view them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hmm. I like the thought, but we also need to consider privacy. Suppose I’m someone who often wins the customization contest, and I’m planning a new outfit. I’d rather it not be super easy for an idea-stealer to look up the new outfit I’m planning. So this feature, unfortunately, is larger than it seems :/ I’ll think it over – thanks!

• Listing Average NC Trading 'Values'

Folks on the NC trading board are always linking to miscellaneous guides based on values of particular items. Since most values are based on a "number" of caps and many times on opinion or experience, perhaps an average value can be calculated from numbers given by users of DTI.

A good metaphor/example would be the games' difficulty meters on Neopets; they can be altered by users, and the average difficulty is shown.

I believe this would come in handy for NC traders, since the values are determined by the entire community.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Interesting. I’ve thought through this before, and I like the thought, though I’m hesitant to depend exclusively on crowdsourcing for this sort of information. Whereas wearables data can’t be forged, an entirely user-based system for pricing data could be much more easily gamed, and there would be strong incentive to do so if the feature actually became a widely-used resource. And, given that we’d have significantly fewer contributors than the Neopets difficulty bar, our signal-to-noise ratio could easily get way out of whack. The only way to ensure the integrity of the data would be to have a staff of users who maintain it, and I’m not in a position to do that kind of recruiting at this time :/

Regardless, I’ll keep this in mind, and I’ll let you know if someone comes up with an effective system for keeping track of this sort of data :)

• Fix the large cherry blossom tree. It doesn't remove BG's anymore, TNT fixed it.

It used to remove BG's when applied, but TNT fixed it. But DTI has NOT fixed it, so I can't try out different BG's with it.

3 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • also add Elegant Draik Earrings for the preview

I've been waiting for a while to see the preview of them and am a bit surprised they're not up for preview yet! The elegant slippers and dress are up already, but I'm still waiting for the earrings. Thank you! :)

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Fun fact: absolutely none of the data on Dress to Impress is added manually by the staff. Instead, when users enter their pets’ names on the home page, we download information about their pet and how those wearables look on it. So, this item won’t be on DTI until someone finds them out in the wild. If you know of a pet on Neopets.com who is wearing this particular item, we can solve this easy: type the pet’s name on the DTI home page, and the data will be added instantly :) Thanks!

• wig

the Pretty Pink Bow Wig is not tagged as NC, while it is an NC item.

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is an error on Neopets.com. Since NC Mall items are always rarity 500, that’s how DTI decides which are from the mall. However, when we automatically downloaded the data for the wig, it was listed as rarity 101, and still is. We’ve passed on the message to TNT, and the issue should hopefully be resolved in the near future. Thanks!

• change the dress import such that it will also detect which pieces are no longer there

I love the dress import and it's great that it updates the figures for the pieces that I currently have in my closet. However, I noted that for the pieces that I had removed from my closet on Neo, the importer does not correct them and remove them from the closet page here as well. Can you add this function please? Would be great if you can! Thanks for the site btw. :)

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve never really been sure how closet imports should work :/

A few scenarios in which this model would get complicated:

• The user imports their closet, then their pet starts wearing one of those items, then the user imports their closet again. Should the worn item be removed?
                • The user manually adds some items, then imports their SDB, then imports their closet. Should any of the previously added items be removed? (This can kinda be resolved by tracking how each item was added, but that feels shaky and sounds like it might lead to even more strange cases.)
                • The user has multiple Neopets accounts, and imports the items from all these closets. Should any items be removed?

That’s not to say that these problems are unsolvable, but they’re definitely complicated. I think the current solution strikes a good balance between the actual use cases on the site (it’s generally…

• make neohome previews

it could be like this site but with neohome items instead. we could be able to put together one before buying all of the items.

3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve thought about it, but I don’t think demand is sufficiently high to justify the work that’d go into it :/ It’d take some seriously overwhelming demand on this request for this to happen, but I suspect that it’d be more helpful for me to focus on the DTI to-do list :)

• Fix a preview!

Hello, the Damask Lamp Garland can be previewed on UCs, but cannot actually be equipped - would it be possible to disable the previews? That could help out a few traders in the future :3

3 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • 3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

When people request this feature, usually what they’re really looking for is a way to ignore items that their pet can’t wear, and DTI supports that very well: “blue species:acara” returns items containing “blue” that fit an Acara.

If you’re really, truly looking for items that fit all species, the query “species:acara species:aisha” is a decent hack: if an item can fit more than one species, it can fit all of ’em.

• When Importing to Petpage, Make A NC Only Version and or a Neopoints Only Version

I think than when importing to petpage/getting the code, it would be nice if we can chose to get only NC items or only Neopoint items. It would be so much easier to create a NC tradelist then using this new function.

3 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, today we did push out a new feature that allows users to choose which lists to export. If you keep NC and NP items separate—which I think most people do—that oughta do something for ya.

• Wigs don't show up on peophins properly - their original mane still shows behind it.

For example, try putting a Court Dancer Collectors Wig on a peophin of any colour - the pet's normal hair shows up behind it. Happens with both NC and non-NC items except those meant just for peophins (ex proper lady wig). Please fix!

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Glad the system is automatically resolving issues once it sees them. Looks like everything’s still in order there :)

So, yeah, I guess that’s where we are now. If you happen to notice any Peophins out there wearing wigs that are glitched here, please enter the name on the homepage so we can get it resolved :) Thanks!

• "unwear all" button? and pets wearing paintbrush clothes automatically

simple button that just takes off all items currently worn - "reset", "start from scratch" etc - gets to be really bothersome having to take clothes off individually when just experimenting around trying everything on, since it's not too easy finding things in the closet (related suggestion; new tab in closet area showing only currently worn items)

also pets automatically wearing their paintbrush clothes when you load them up from "color-species-go" - I like Bruces usually wearing their bows, etc and it can also get to be pretty involved when finding+putting on a full numerous specific set like with royals,…

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • View a custom lists in the wardrobe

Example: currently you can search in the wardrobe like this --

user:owns occupies:lefthand species:draik -umbrella -bouquet -shield

Add an additional search field for lists, you can do something like this instead for the same search:

userlist:weapon species:draik (or whatever custom list you have)

And you can still narrow it down from there:
                            userlist:weapon species:draik occupies:lefthand

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Add a page with all wearable s, not all of us know all the different shirts or backgrounds!

Create a link at the top of the page for a different page that goes over the 'Dream Customization' so it doesn't delete. Have it say 'shirts', 'shoes', 'backgrounds', 'hats', etc. With a 8x8 listing of the images with the name of item underneath it. A * or some symbol should be shown to symbolize it's rarity. A button to opitionize the ones aviable to the species/color would be also ideal. ex.- Trying to customize a maraquan aisha with items popping up that aren't compatible is annoying.

3 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about overhauling the search system, including adding what the cool kids call “faceted search” so that the various search filters are easier to discover. Most of this can be done with existing search filters. “type:shirt/dress species:acara”, for example, returns all items that fill the shirt/dress zone that an Acara can wear. For Maraquan pets and the like, there’s currently no search filter exactly for that, though. Interesting thought. Good faceted search is a really big deal to try to build, though, so that’ll have to go back-burner until I have more time—maybe this summer?

I think the most interesting issue raised here, though, is how tricky it can be to sort through which items actually fit when building a customization. Right now users can kinda cobble a solution together by adding “species:acara” or whatever, but that doesn’t consider the Maraquan/Mutant/etc. case and can be a pain.…

• Make it so you can group outfits by pet

I have multiple outfits planned for the same pet and it gets cluttered looking through ALL my outfits for all my different pets, so why not make it so you can group by pet and then see just the outfits you've made for that one pet. (name outfits Xxxx1, Xxxx2, Xxxx3, etc for the same pet)

3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve been thinking about outfit folders for a while, though it’s low on the priority list right now :/ In the meantime, many users fake this functionality by taking advantage of alphabetical sorting, e.g., “Thyassa: Ballroom” so that all Thyassa outfits are sorted together.

Good thinking :) Thanks!

• Enable a 50x50 preview

I always like to see how my pet will look in the 50x50 box (the one that appears on the neoboards under the avatar), ie how much of the background is shown and all.

3 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm. I’ve bounced this idea ‘round my head a few times, but never quite got ’round to doing it because I want it to work without requiring manual input, and I’m not sure how to automatically discover how the 50×50 preview crops a new body type.

Thanks for keeping this on my radar, and I’ll let you know if anything changes :)

• add a quick button to save to list from outfit

Say I'm customizing with brand new items or just started and want to add everything my pet is wearing to a list as it is now it seems I have to individually click each item to save them, which can be a pain when doing 10+ outfits.

3 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Rainbow Wings Bug.. on a bug.

The MiniMME5-S2: Rainbow Wings on buzz shows the wand instead.

3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Yep. MMEs are consistently glitchy, since the item keeps the same ID but changes its identity. If someone models the Rainbow Wings on a Buzz, then the issue should be resolved. Thanks!

• Bi-monthly or bi-yearly account purges.

It helps lessen any current or future complications, or just to keep the database clean and running smoothly.

3 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hmm, the database is currently just fine with all our current accounts, and I’m not sure we’ve been around long enough to have truly ancient accounts yet… is there a particular username you’re after? ;)

• Select All Delete Option

I see a similar suggestion posted over a year ago, and it is still under review?

My list was out of date so I just deleted the ~1200 items on there manually. I imported 1200+ items from my SDB, but there were duplicates listed (a glitch you should check out). I also imported ~600 items from my closet, and I should have done it under a different list, but I didn't think anything of it, and it didn't import the correct amount nor update the correct quantities for already existing items (more glitches you should check out), and again, there…

3 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Dress to Impress

Feedback and Knowledge Base