I suggest you ...

Would it be possible to make items in the closets rearrangeable?

I have trouble because i try to make an order of items in my closet, but when new items are introduced I have to delete and re-closet items i already have so that the new item is in a good place. This takes a long time to do if you have a lot of items in one pet's closet.

Maybe you could make a seperate tab that when accessed, allows us to click and drag items up or down the closet instead of having to "uncloset" and "closet" items to get them in the order we want.

72 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Matchu MatchusianAdminMatchu Matchusian (Admin, OpenNeo) responded  · 

My ideal behavior here would be that DTI figures out how you want the items organized rather than making you do it by hand. I suspect most people are interested in having them grouped by zone, yeah? I’ve built the basic prototype of that behavior, and once the CS department stops assigning me so many projects I’ll be able to give it the polish it needs :)

Are there any other automatic groupings that folks are particularly looking for? I feel like zone grouping probably covers a good 98% of use cases, so I’m wondering whether custom organization should be a priority or not. (Drag-n-drop sorting is always an option, though I’m hesitant to use it because the Neopets customization app uses dragging to mean something different, and I like to restrict UI behaviors to things that I’m sure people will actually find useful rather than confusing…)

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matchu MatchusianAdminMatchu Matchusian (Admin, OpenNeo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm less concerned about development time (and, thankfully, dragging is so common that it's essentially pre-built) and more concerned about feature clutter: if I suspect that people are more likely to drag by accident and get confused than drag on purpose, then helping the power users might not be worth confusing the average user. It depends on how many folks would actually find that feature helpful :/

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, maybe if an automatic sorter was available with an option to select an item then move it with the arrow keys, would that be simpler? Would that be less work and trouble than the "click-n-drag"?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah. I hate how i have to go through my entire list, deleting items from the closet and searching for them again just to have them in the order I want.
        you think you could work on this one?

Oh yes. this is a very big problem for those who like having organized closets.
        Having this option would be very time efficient.

yeah. It's stressful to try to plan out how you want the closet organized, then have new items updated.

A "sort closet" option definitely needs to be in the top 5 ideas.

Feedback and Knowledge Base