I suggest you ...

Add user submited keywords/tags for items.

Sort of like how like Drsloth.com handles images. Sometimes the general "theme" of an item is not always represented in it's name. They could be searched with a filter like "tag:water" or "keyword:neovian". Of course, it would take time and user submittion to actually work well.

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminMatchu Matchusian (Admin, OpenNeo) responded  · 

Hmm. I’m interested in the idea of per-user tagging implemented with the existing lists feature. Community-wide tags would definitely be more helpful, but would also involve significantly more moderation, and I always try to avoid features with moderation because there’s both a large setup cost and a large recurring cost. But I’ll keep this in mind :)

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • frozencookiedough_Z1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be really helpful! The key to cutting down on moderation might also be banning words from becoming tags prior to launch (swearing, smoking, etc)!
    But I definitely am on board with this idea. It is so frustrating having one specific holiday item in mind but it doesn't have "Christmas" "Holiday" "Winter" "Snow" "Icy" or "Terror Mountain" in the name... And I think it's even worse for Halloween/spooky items because there are so many synonyms used for scary or undead.

• Rachel Cornelius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS. I was about to suggest this too. I am SO TIRED of having to look at every single item when I'm customizing my pets. I would love to be able to search for "light" or "dark" or "pink" or whatever else people come up with to tag items!!

• Scattergirl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came here to suggest this idea. I'm so tired of sifting through literally hundreds of items trying to remember which are Christmas, Winter, or whatever holiday related. If I could tag them myself, then next year I could use the filter tag:halloween (or something similar) and all my tagged items would come up.

Feedback and Knowledge Base