I suggest you ...

Add user submited keywords/tags for items.

Sort of like how like Drsloth.com handles images. Sometimes the general "theme" of an item is not always represented in it's name. They could be searched with a filter like "tag:water" or "keyword:neovian". Of course, it would take time and user submittion to actually work well.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Matchu MatchusianAdminMatchu Matchusian (Admin, OpenNeo) responded  · 

Hmm. I’m interested in the idea of per-user tagging implemented with the existing lists feature. Community-wide tags would definitely be more helpful, but would also involve significantly more moderation, and I always try to avoid features with moderation because there’s both a large setup cost and a large recurring cost. But I’ll keep this in mind :)

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ScattergirlScattergirl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came here to suggest this idea. I'm so tired of sifting through literally hundreds of items trying to remember which are Christmas, Winter, or whatever holiday related. If I could tag them myself, then next year I could use the filter tag:halloween (or something similar) and all my tagged items would come up.

Feedback and Knowledge Base