I suggest you ...

show which items can't be worn

For instance, the Magical Sparkling Happiness Faerie Flower cannot be worn by my UC Grey Gelert but instead of saying that when I try to add item to an outfit, it just says "No data yet".

I'd like to see it say "cannot be worn" to stop confusion. In my case, stop me buying an item!

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Vicki shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMatchu Matchusian (Admin, OpenNeo) responded  · 

The UC pets are a bit tricky in this case. Strictly speaking, the server can’t know that a UC Grey Gelert can’t wear this item until it sees how it looks on a non-UC Grey Gelert, then decide whether or not the zones it uses for the non-UC Grey Gelert are restricted for UC pets. That is, for all we know, the item uses a background zone for Grey Gelerts and therefore works for UC pets. Without the data, we technically can’t tell.

A human being might be able to make pretty good guesses about this sort of thing, but I don’t like the idea of guessing and I don’t like the idea of a human being manually curating the data — part of why I’m able to maintain Dress to Impress alongside a full-time student workload is because the site handles all its data automatically, and I’m hesitant to go down the rabbit hole of manual interference.

That being said, if we can figure out a way to guarantee the zones an item will occupy on a given body type before actually seeing the raw data, I’m willing to give it a shot. But guaranteed data accuracy wins out on this one, sorry.

In the future, though, here’s a good rule of thumb: don’t buy an item unless you’re sure the pet can wear it — whether that’s through DTI or asking around :/

I’ll let you know if we have any updates, and thanks for the heads-up!

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base