I suggest you ...

Can you make Unconverted into a species?

So instead of us having to go through Backgrounds, foregrounds, trinkets, etc, we can just click "unconverted"? c:

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KatieKatie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Matchu MatchusianAdminMatchu Matchusian (Admin, OpenNeo) responded  · 

I’m a bit confused on the details here. Let me offer a rewording of what I think is the issue, and you can tell me if that sounds right or if I missed the mark:

“When I look for items to put on unconverted pets, I have to individually search through each of the zones that they can use (backgrounds, foregrounds, trinkets, etc.). Dress to Impress would be significantly easier to use if I could search all of those zones at once.”

Is that right? That’s definitely an interesting question—and I think it can apply to Baby pets, Mutant pets, veggie Chias, etc. as well. Marking “unconverted” as a species doesn’t seem like quite the right solution, but maybe it would be appropriate to introduce a search parameter “fits:unconverted” to search those type-3 zones. (And it might then make sense to introduce “fits:baby”, “fits:mutant”, etc., though I’d have to think about syntax for the veggie Chias.)

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • pikakeetpikakeet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe something like in:environment or in:surroundings that would limit the returns to just Background, Background item, lower foreground item, higher foreground item, foreground and thought bubble zones? That would neatly allow you to narrow the search results to just what an unconverted or veggie chia can use. Then tags like fits:baby or fits:mutant could be used only for clothing that fits those colours.

Of course, ideally the system would apply those kinds of tags automatically when you're trying to customize an unconverted, baby, or other special colour.

• Matchu MatchusianAdminMatchu Matchusian (Admin, OpenNeo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No worries :) It's definitely a tough concept to express. (Took me a few rewrites, myself ;P)

I'm a bit tired out from all the recent bug-fixing that's gone down this weekend, but I'll keep this one on the to-do list. Thanks! :)

• KatieKatie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes that's what I meant ^^ Sorry I didn't really know how to word it xD

Feedback and Knowledge Base