I suggest you ...

Make a link back button for use on neopets.

I want to tell the world about dress to impress. Could you make link back button that links to a petpage that will advertise the site?

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Matchu MatchusianAdminMatchu Matchusian (Admin, OpenNeo) responded  · 

Interesting thought :) I like the idea of having a pretty button, and the idea of having a pretty informational petpage, but don’t feel qualified as a designer to make either of those. However, DTI is an open-source community project, and I’d love someone to show me their mockups to merge into the site :) Any artists feel up to the task?

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matchu MatchusianAdminMatchu Matchusian (Admin, OpenNeo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ack, yep, this fell off my radar. Sorry 'bout that.

And sorry for the trouble with the petpage—thanks for giving it a shot! It's always interesting to see exactly how the off-site link policies play out in the real world ;)

Part of the trouble with a linkback button is that DTI doesn't really have a legit logo of any sort, so, in order to fit the current design of the site, the button would end up being something along the lines of green text on white, plus maybe the Negg Faerie Doll since she just fits the color scheme so well. And, since the off-site link policy seems to be stricter the more formalized the reference is, it doesn't look like we'll be able to get away with asking people to promote DTI on Neopets.com, which is where most of the action really happens. So, to answer the question, it's not super high on my priority list right now, but I'm always glad to know I have friends out there if it ever comes up :)

Thanks again, and happy Tuesday!

• JasJas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not know if this idea is still being considered or if it's pretty much been dropped...been a while since the last reply.

If you are still interested in an info petpage and button, and have not yet seen the one I designed, I have a copy of it here (you are welcome to the code, just ask).:
        http://lunarquests.webs.com/DressToImpressInfo.htm

I would not recommend an info page however. I got a warning when I had it as a petpage (I didn't have any links), and even got a warning for the pet name alone (DressToImpressInfo).
        Maybe I could've been more subtle and tell people to go find "dti" or something rather than the full name? If someone wants to create a watered down info page that might work, but I don't want to risk Neo vengence :P

Thanks for an awesome site!

• TaraChillTaraChill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I might undertake some button designs. Don't have time for a whole page, but since I use the site so much to get images for my layouts, I think trying to make a button or two would be the least I could do. For how much you've help me with my user lookup I really should have a link back anyway.

• JasJas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You could use:
        http://www.neopets.com/~DressToImpressInfo
        if you're interested.

I just put together a simple page and button...since, well, it's summer and I am a bit bored. So if you like it let me know and I could edit/fix it up and whatever- and if you just don't like it, thats totally fine too =P

I could definately understand if you wanted to hold out for a super pretty page that could do the website more justice; I just dabble occasionally in image editors xD

Feedback and Knowledge Base