Dress to Impress

Hey there! So you’ve been using Dress to Impress? What sort of brilliant ideas have you had lately? :)

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Would it be possible to make items in the closets rearrangeable?

I have trouble because i try to make an order of items in my closet, but when new items are introduced I have to delete and re-closet items i already have so that the new item is in a good place. This takes a long time to do if you have a lot of items in one pet's closet.

Maybe you could make a seperate tab that when accessed, allows us to click and drag items up or down the closet instead of having to "uncloset" and "closet" items to get them in the order we want.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

My ideal behavior here would be that DTI figures out how you want the items organized rather than making you do it by hand. I suspect most people are interested in having them grouped by zone, yeah? I’ve built the basic prototype of that behavior, and once the CS department stops assigning me so many projects I’ll be able to give it the polish it needs :)

Are there any other automatic groupings that folks are particularly looking for? I feel like zone grouping probably covers a good 98% of use cases, so I’m wondering whether custom organization should be a priority or not. (Drag-n-drop sorting is always an option, though I’m hesitant to use it because the Neopets customization app uses dragging to mean something different, and I like to restrict UI behaviors to things that I’m sure people will actually find useful rather than confusing…)

• 1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That’s all automatic :) The moment someone finds a Dimensional Usul and types its name into the homepage, we will automatically get the data. But there’s no way for us to entirely know what the Dimensional Usul looks like until we see one :/

Usually, when a new pet color is released, it takes a while for someone to actually paint their pet that color. But, once someone does, we usually get the data pretty quickly.

If you know about an actual Dimensional Usul, please enter its name on the homepage! Thanks :D

• Can you create a remove all button? And multiple pages?

I see that a similar suggestion was made over a year and half ago, but it's still under review.
        I bring up the suggestion once more, since I know a lot of people would rather just redo their list from the very beginning than go through hundreds (or thousands in my case) and delete them one by one. Unfortunately for me, since my list is so large, the page itself won't even load for me to try and delete them one by one.
        A remove all button would be a great feature to have.

And as I've mentioned the lack…

4 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes, indeed. Pagination and bulk management are high on the todo list—but it’s a big task on a long list, and my time is way more limited than I’d like :/ Sorry for the ridiculously long wait, and I’ll keep you posted.

• add an easier way of moving 'not in list' items to lists - drop and drag is tricky when you have hundreds of items!

perhaps a 'quickmove' page like the Neopets Gallery page has? - little drop boxes under each item, you just indicate where you want it to go....

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Add Chic Bruce Wig

I'm still pretty upset that the Chic Bruce Wig isn't on DTI yet.

0 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hm, that’s pretty surprising. If you’ve seen a Bruce who’s wearing it, enter its name on the homepage and we’ll download the data immediately. Until we see the wig in the wild, though, we can’t know what it looks like :/

• 1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

It looks like this relatively new item is so rare that none of the modeling sites have seen it yet. If you see a Peophin wearing this item out in the wild, enter the pet’s name on the DTI homepage and we’ll add the item to the database instantly :D

• add a way to move items from one list to another.

I added all of my items to 'items I own'. Now in order to add them to a trading list. I have to readd them all and go through and delete ones that I don't want on that list. 250+ Items on my entire list and 25+ I want to single out.

3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

They can be moved by drag-n-drop, but I agree that it’s too painful. The whole items section in general is in line for an overhaul, so I’ll let you know when that’s ready :/ I can use database magic to help with bulk operations if you’d like—drop me a line at webmaster@openneo.net if that sounds helpful :) Thanks!

• 1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yup, an advanced search form is on the to-do list :) We’ve recently reworked the search engine code so that it’s less fundamentally tied to the idea of text-based queries, so form-based search will be much more feasible in the future.

I like a lot about this design: even though we’d need to support more fields, keeping some of the most common fields always in view seems reasonable—though it might have to do with how the rest of the search form interface pans out.

The design is too wide, though: we must be able to support fullscreen for at least 99% of our users, but only 75% have a screen at least 1366 pixels wide—that either means that a quarter of our users would have to use a horizontal scrollbar (bad), or that the pet preview would have to be scaled down even further (also bad). Search will therefore stay…

• 1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Ooh! If you type the name into the homepage while logged in, you’ll get 25 points for showing us our first Biscuit Techo :D I’ll hold off for 10 minutes or so to give you the chance :)

• Show if you have an item UFT that somebody is seeking.

So for the new item trade and track, I thought how handy! But really, if you want to see if there is an item somebody has of yours, you must click each item.. I think we should be notified if there is an item we want on somebody's TL and possibly if we have an item in our TL that is on their WL. I know it doesn't mean the trade would be fair but possibly link to a value guide before you mail the user. That would make the new track and trade VERY useful so you don't have…

8 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Yeah, this is definitely the direction we’re heading with this feature. I’m not sure how difficult that would be to build, though, both in finding matches and a helpful way of showing them to the user. So this is definitely on our roadmap :) Thanks!

• also add Elegant Draik Earrings for the preview

I've been waiting for a while to see the preview of them and am a bit surprised they're not up for preview yet! The elegant slippers and dress are up already, but I'm still waiting for the earrings. Thank you! :)

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Fun fact: absolutely none of the data on Dress to Impress is added manually by the staff. Instead, when users enter their pets’ names on the home page, we download information about their pet and how those wearables look on it. So, this item won’t be on DTI until someone finds them out in the wild. If you know of a pet on Neopets.com who is wearing this particular item, we can solve this easy: type the pet’s name on the DTI home page, and the data will be added instantly :) Thanks!

• Add Shoryu Knight Boots.

The entire Shoryu Knight outfit is there, but it isn't visible.

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Howdy,

Absolutely none of the data on Dress to Impress is put there manually. Instead, when users enter their pets’ names on the home page, we download information about their pet and how those wearables look on it. So, I can’t add Shoyru Knight Boots until someone finds them out in the wild. So, if you can find a pet on Neopets.com who is wearing the boots, type in its name on the DTI home page and the data will be added instantly :) Thanks!

• Don't see your idea?

Dress to Impress

Feedback and Knowledge Base