Dress to Impress

Hey there! So you’ve been using Dress to Impress? What sort of brilliant ideas have you had lately? :)

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Colour code the items to represent which primary zone it affects.

Eg. yellow box for FG items, blue box for BG items. This would be especially helpful for the BG items, FG, HFG and LFG as it will help us in layering. :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Ooh. I’m not sure colors are the best way to do it, but I like the idea of grouping the closet by type. I’d need to play around with the UI to see if I like it, and it’d probably require a non-trivial amount of coding to make it happen, but I’ll keep this in mind :) Thanks!

2. add an easier way of moving 'not in list' items to lists - drop and drag is tricky when you have hundreds of items!

perhaps a 'quickmove' page like the Neopets Gallery page has? - little drop boxes under each item, you just indicate where you want it to go....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Outfit searchbox on front page

So many people on the neoboards use DTI to share customisations. Since we can't link directly to DTI, everyone posts the DTI outfit number. I think it would be great if there was a search box on the front page so we could enter the number and be taken directly to the outfit; instead of always having to type it in the url.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hmm. I’m thinking about this one… on one hand, it sounds decently useful. On the other, space on the homepage is very valuable real estate, and a feature needs to be very important and fit the UI well to make the cut. Thoughts on where it would go? There’s no natural place for it as-is…

4. Make it so you can group outfits by pet

I have multiple outfits planned for the same pet and it gets cluttered looking through ALL my outfits for all my different pets, so why not make it so you can group by pet and then see just the outfits you've made for that one pet. (name outfits Xxxx1, Xxxx2, Xxxx3, etc for the same pet)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve been thinking about outfit folders for a while, though it’s low on the priority list right now :/ In the meantime, many users fake this functionality by taking advantage of alphabetical sorting, e.g., “Thyassa: Ballroom” so that all Thyassa outfits are sorted together.

Good thinking :) Thanks!

5. ...should create a spot to keep notes for each saved outfit.

The reason I suggest this is say I dress up a Kau in the milkman set of clothes and then I realize multiple paint brushes go good with the outfit. If I could keep notes on each outfit I could then write, "Milkman Kau Outfit looks good on chocolate, skunk, and maaayybbee custard." Instead of having to save each painted Kau, in the same outfit, multiple times. Then I could also keep notes on past, present, and future trades. There is a wide variety of uses for such a function. Now I'm starting to wonder if you haven't already thought…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hmm, interesting. I don’t think this would get enough use to merit the UI change (keep things simple, the fewer features the better, etc etc), but I’ll keep it in mind for future iterations of the outfits UI :) Thanks!

6. You make your email address more easily accessible and I can't see the newest items since you changed. I also can't find the newest items.

I can't access the bug email part so it'd be nice to have an email address so I can send you my problems directly. Also I can't see the newest items nor can I find most of the new items by typing in the item's name. Please help!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Oh, wow. So the footer, newest items, and search are all broken? That’s definitely not intentional, and definitely not what I’m seeing. Send me a note at webmaster@openneo.net and we’ll figure this out. It’d be helpful to include a screenshot of the homepage to help me understand exactly how Newest Items isn’t showing up, and it’d also be nice to know exactly what item queries you’re using, since search is looking fine to me :/ Thanks!

7. Allow Sharing of all Outfits

Like, have a link to all outfits on an account. I saw an issue in a past suggestion about idea-stealers, but it would be hard to steal ideas if the url was something like "http://impress.openneo.net/user/fg9iVD8y9Jy7kp".

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, for what it’s worth, my records indicate that nobody’s been randomly entering outfit IDs this week to steal ideas, so that’s nice. I’ve thought about introducing outfit privacy settings, but I usually reach the same conclusion: privacy settings are too complicated a solution to what’s currently a very small problem.

It’s also worth noting the recent trend on the Neoboards to refer to an outfit by its ID number. It’d be nice to keep that process simple.

Still, I’ll keep this in mind. If we ever change how outfits work, like by creating a list of recently created outfits for folks to browse, we’ll have to add privacy settings, and obfuscated URLs might be a good option. Thanks :)

8. Newest-oldest filter!

What if for the your outfits section, you could sort them newest-oldest or oldest-newest? Kind of to see you progress or something, because that would be awesome! ^^

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm. Sounds like a good idea to me, though I’d wonder how this would interact with starred outfits: right now, starred outfits float to the top, so, if I sorted newest to oldest, would stars still go on top?

Anyway. Since outfits can largely be managed by naming and starring, I count this as a low-priority feature (meaning it really isn’t likely for the next few months—busy schedule, long to-do list, all that stuff :/), but I like it. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks!

9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yup, an advanced search form is on the to-do list :) We’ve recently reworked the search engine code so that it’s less fundamentally tied to the idea of text-based queries, so form-based search will be much more feasible in the future.

I like a lot about this design: even though we’d need to support more fields, keeping some of the most common fields always in view seems reasonable—though it might have to do with how the rest of the search form interface pans out.

The design is too wide, though: we must be able to support fullscreen for at least 99% of our users, but only 75% have a screen at least 1366 pixels wide—that either means that a quarter of our users would have to use a horizontal scrollbar (bad), or that the pet preview would have to be scaled down even further (also bad). Search will therefore stay…

10. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

When people request this feature, usually what they’re really looking for is a way to ignore items that their pet can’t wear, and DTI supports that very well: “blue species:acara” returns items containing “blue” that fit an Acara.

If you’re really, truly looking for items that fit all species, the query “species:acara species:aisha” is a decent hack: if an item can fit more than one species, it can fit all of ’em.

11. Can you make it so you can import your clothes from a gallery?

I like your importing from pets, sdb, and closet option but I think having one for a gallery would be nice too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This falls under the import-from-anything feature we have in the works. It’s a relatively low-priority feature, though, since it wouldn’t be used anywhere near as often as the existing import features and because there are just bigger things on the to-do list :/ But thanks for keeping it on my radar, and I’ll let you know if anything changes :)

12. I would love to be able to hit a send button and send a finished photo of my pet to myself or a friend.

I would love to be able to hit a send button and send a finished photo of my pet to myself or a friend.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting thought. I’d consider it a low-priority feature, though, since we’re already quite close: when viewing an outfit, click the Sharing tab, then copy the outfit page URL or image URL and insert the link or image into your favorite email service. Still, I’ll keep it in mind :) Thanks!

13. Put the page buttons on the bottom

Easier to flip through the pages of clothes instead of having to scroll up to click to the next page. :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. let us import to our items list using a text list!

The list of items can be separated with 1 item per line.
    This shouldn't be too hard to implement, right?

And it should be very useful for people making (large) wishlists, because you don't generally own the items on your wishlist, and therefore would not be able to get the data from the closet/SDB

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hmm, interesting. Are you importing from a particular source, or would this just be an easier way to create the list in the first place?

I like the thought, but it’s a small feature that only a handful of users would probably end up using, and features need to fight both for development time and for the right to be permanently maintained :/

15. Im pretty sure Tarla's tour is back. You should bring back the Tarla's Tour Tracker!

I know I have seen her around and claimed items from her recently =)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Ooh, interesting. I haven’t seen anyone else talking about this yet, though. If you see her again, maybe grab a screenshot. If this is happening, it sounds like the Tour Tracker should come back with a vengeance :) Thanks!

16. A place where I can see all the filtering options

Its not really a big and totally inovative suggestion, but... Well, here it goes anyway. Since you have a lot of those filtering stuff such as is:pb and whatnot, its hard to remember all of them. I myself only remember that one I told ya, heh. So, the whole universe and I would be glad to see a page where I can see all of the filtering options and their respective functions. I dunno if it already exists. If so, could you give me the link? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Maybe a search feature that allows you to see all the existing pets wearing a specified item combination?

Sometimes when I try to enter the customization contest it tells me that another pet has entered with the same item combination. I think others would be curious to know too if there are other pets out there toting the same customization as one of your pets. I like to hope IM original with my pets customizations so it would help me a lot to see how many people have had the same idea as me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm. Interesting thought. We don’t have this data on hand right now, and keeping it up-to-date might be a bit too much stress on the server. I’ma mark this as an interesting, low priority thought for now. Thanks!

18. Filters for unwearable/retired items

I bought two Lishas Glasses, which were unwearable for the pet i bought them for. I mean, Come ON!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Huh. Are Aishas really no longer able to wear Lishas Glasses? This is the first time I’ve ever heard of a wearable being retired. In what way is the Aisha unable to wear them? Does it return an error message (if so, what?), or does the item just not appear as an option?

Bear in mind, though, that Lishas Glasses are a species-specific item, and I’m of the opinion that Dress to Impress makes this very clear by only listing previews for Aishas on the item page. While the “No Data Yet” on the main wardrobe page might be overly optimistic in this case (strictly speaking, TNT could have made ‘em wearable for other species), the only promise Dress to Impress makes about its data is that, to the best of our knowledge, all previews are up-to-date. When we don’t have preview data for a certain item on a…

19. Add Prices for NC items only. :)

This would be easy to keep updated as the prices for NC items don't change.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hm. I like this, and shouldn’t be too hard to build into the mall spider. But it’s also low priority as far as features go, so it’s not likely to happen incredibly soon. Still, if anything happens, I’ll let you know :)

20. Search customisations by species

Search customisations by species, like if I'm looking for ideas for my woodland peo, show me the saved woodland peo customisations.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Dress to Impress

Feedback and Knowledge Base