Dress to Impress

Hey there! So you’ve been using Dress to Impress? What sort of brilliant ideas have you had lately? :)

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Save my pets' names

Save my pets' names so I don't have to type them in every time i open up DTI to model some stuff from someone's tradelist or whatever.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import NC items only or let me hide certain lists

i dont want to see any NP items at all. also let me have search settings so that it defaults to is:nc for every search. c:

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add an option to move items in the closet

I think it would be a good time saver if there was a way to change the order of items in the closets. Maybe there could be an option that allows us to rearrange items in the closet and save the order we want.

this would make it easier to organize our closets when new items are announced.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Would it be possible to make items in the closets rearrangeable?

I have trouble because i try to make an order of items in my closet, but when new items are introduced I have to delete and re-closet items i already have so that the new item is in a good place. This takes a long time to do if you have a lot of items in one pet's closet.

Maybe you could make a seperate tab that when accessed, allows us to click and drag items up or down the closet instead of having to "uncloset" and "closet" items to get them in the order we want.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

My ideal behavior here would be that DTI figures out how you want the items organized rather than making you do it by hand. I suspect most people are interested in having them grouped by zone, yeah? I’ve built the basic prototype of that behavior, and once the CS department stops assigning me so many projects I’ll be able to give it the polish it needs :)

Are there any other automatic groupings that folks are particularly looking for? I feel like zone grouping probably covers a good 98% of use cases, so I’m wondering whether custom organization should be a priority or not. (Drag-n-drop sorting is always an option, though I’m hesitant to use it because the Neopets customization app uses dragging to mean something different, and I like to restrict UI behaviors to things that I’m sure people will actually find useful rather than confusing…)

6. In the item search, sort by newest items first instead of alphabetical.

It would be nice to see all the new toys TNT has released, up front, ready for playing with...o3o

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Newly imported items

When you import your items from pets could you take us to a spot where we can sort them, right now I have to go through all of my items to find the new ones

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm. The import tools let you choose which of your lists to import ’em into, so that might help: put ’em in a temporary list and sort from there. But I agree that our current interface for moving things around is kinda meh, and one of our upcoming major goals is to improve that by a ton :)

8. come up with an easy way to add closets from your side account to your main list.

When I was setting up, didn't see a way to add all the closet items sitting on my side accounts. That would be great to have one complete listing of everything!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable a 50x50 preview

I always like to see how my pet will look in the 50x50 box (the one that appears on the neoboards under the avatar), ie how much of the background is shown and all.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm. I’ve bounced this idea ‘round my head a few times, but never quite got ’round to doing it because I want it to work without requiring manual input, and I’m not sure how to automatically discover how the 50×50 preview crops a new body type.

Thanks for keeping this on my radar, and I’ll let you know if anything changes :)

10. Bi-monthly or bi-yearly account purges.

It helps lessen any current or future complications, or just to keep the database clean and running smoothly.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hmm, the database is currently just fine with all our current accounts, and I’m not sure we’ve been around long enough to have truly ancient accounts yet… is there a particular username you’re after? ;)

11. change the dress import such that it will also detect which pieces are no longer there

I love the dress import and it's great that it updates the figures for the pieces that I currently have in my closet. However, I noted that for the pieces that I had removed from my closet on Neo, the importer does not correct them and remove them from the closet page here as well. Can you add this function please? Would be great if you can! Thanks for the site btw. :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve never really been sure how closet imports should work :/

A few scenarios in which this model would get complicated:

• The user imports their closet, then their pet starts wearing one of those items, then the user imports their closet again. Should the worn item be removed?
    • The user manually adds some items, then imports their SDB, then imports their closet. Should any of the previously added items be removed? (This can kinda be resolved by tracking how each item was added, but that feels shaky and sounds like it might lead to even more strange cases.)
    • The user has multiple Neopets accounts, and imports the items from all these closets. Should any items be removed?

That’s not to say that these problems are unsolvable, but they’re definitely complicated. I think the current solution strikes a good balance between the actual use cases on the site (it’s generally…

12. Have filters for non-/animated items, and a drop-down list for the items that can be bought at certain shops (eg. Uni Clothes, etc.)

Basically that, a filter to see which items are animated (like glimmering wigs, moving wings, etc.), and another one that filters clothes by shop (if you, for example, want to make a full steampunk-themed outfit with items only from Cog's Togs).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm. My big requirement for features is that they be entirely automatable. Animation seems like it could be but it’d be tricky. As for shops, I’m not sure. I’ll keep an eye on it. Thanks!

13. make neohome previews

it could be like this site but with neohome items instead. we could be able to put together one before buying all of the items.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve thought about it, but I don’t think demand is sufficiently high to justify the work that’d go into it :/ It’d take some seriously overwhelming demand on this request for this to happen, but I suspect that it’d be more helpful for me to focus on the DTI to-do list :)

14. Where do the pets from your http://impress.openneo.net/ homepage come from?

When you first get to the http://impress.openneo.net/ homepage there are neopet "models" being displayed. Where do you find these? My pet is on here and I did not submit it. So do members of openneo just rip off other people's pets for the world to see? MY brilliant idea is that you stop doing this and only use the pets people put on this site that they create. I don't like my customization that I've worked so hard on being copied by everyone who can see.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Oof, sorry ’bout that. These names are periodically gathered from the Customisation Spotlight winners, so, hey! Congrats on winning :)

We have a few proposals in mind for how to better use that space, since it gets out-of-date all the time, anyway. In the meantime, if there’s a particular pet you’d like removed from the list, hit me up at webmaster@openneo.net and I’d be glad to remove it.

15. Add user submited keywords/tags for items.

Sort of like how like Drsloth.com handles images. Sometimes the general "theme" of an item is not always represented in it's name. They could be searched with a filter like "tag:water" or "keyword:neovian". Of course, it would take time and user submittion to actually work well.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hmm. I’m interested in the idea of per-user tagging implemented with the existing lists feature. Community-wide tags would definitely be more helpful, but would also involve significantly more moderation, and I always try to avoid features with moderation because there’s both a large setup cost and a large recurring cost. But I’ll keep this in mind :)

16. Add a feature that shows if any of your closet items are needed for modeling

I'd love to help model, but I'm not sure if any of my closet items are needed. It would be nice to see if you're missing poses for anything that users already have, that way we can just quickly model for you and get the items into your database.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Seems reasonable :) This feature is kinda built into the Modeling Hub already: when modeling a pet, items you own will be highlighted to be more visible. And I haven’t run the data, but it wouldn’t surprise me to find that species is a larger constraint than items: folks might have plenty of items for which we need models, but don’t have the type of pet we need.

So, this is a low-priority feature request, but I’ll keep it mind :) Thanks!

17. Special search to view the 100 newest items

I'd love to be able to mass add, view and tinker with newly added items quickly, So having a search function with the 100 newest items sorted by date would really help. This short list on the home page is nice, but it's just too few. Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm. It seems reasonable to be able to sort both by name and by date. The biggest challenge would probably be working it into the existing UI in a consistent way without further cluttering the search navigation controls. Low priority, but I’ll keep it in mind :) Thanks!

18. add a way to move items from one list to another.

I added all of my items to 'items I own'. Now in order to add them to a trading list. I have to readd them all and go through and delete ones that I don't want on that list. 250+ Items on my entire list and 25+ I want to single out.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

They can be moved by drag-n-drop, but I agree that it’s too painful. The whole items section in general is in line for an overhaul, so I’ll let you know when that’s ready :/ I can use database magic to help with bulk operations if you’d like—drop me a line at webmaster@openneo.net if that sounds helpful :) Thanks!

19. I can not see the new items again. The new items are just blank on internet explorer.

I have had this problem before and you fixed it almost immediately. I hope it's fixable again. Thank you for your timely response! YOU ROCK1

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hm. And I think last time we did this, I did literally nothing and it just started working again _; All I can think to suggest is to give the page a hard refresh with Ctrl+F5 and see if that helps :/

In general, bug reports should go to webmaster@openneo.net, whereas this forum is reserved for new features and the like :)

20. make it so we can import from our inventory!

I often go on capsule binges and end up with 50-100 items I need to manually enter! Could you please make it so we can add from inventory for times like these? :3

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Dress to Impress

Feedback and Knowledge Base